I got a new skirt in the mail today! It was my first brand piece, from Baby the Stars Shine Bright. I bought it from the store fairy angel http://fairy-angel.com/. The shipping was very fast (it came in 3 days) and the skirt is beautiful, which is all awesome because I spent an arm and a leg on it. It also fits me perfectly around the waist, which is awesome because I didn't check the sizing on the website. Length wise, it comes down an inch or two past my knee with out a petticoat, which is a good length. The skirt:
It's an older print, I think it's perfectly suited for a subtle sweet or country style. I can thing of a billion co-ord with this print! I actually love it so much that I took a detail shot of the print. I also took one of the lace, here they are:
Pretty, right? Another detail of this skirt is it's built in petticoat, it doesn't give much poof though. Here's the skirt with only the built in petti underneath
Not poofy enough! Here's the skirt with my ultra poofy petti underneath:
OK, so you can't really see it, but trust me it holds tons of poof. It's puffyer than my narrow mirror at least XD.
Today I watched this video. These wigs looks so real! I'm usually pretty good at telling wigs from real hair also. There's also a bunch of cool outfits in this video, from punk to mori. But the real reason I like this video so much is because I just love it when Japanese girls wear wigs to get huge poofy brown hair. Because you know who has real huge poofy brown hair? I DO!!
1. Screen-name and date of birth, please tell us these~ I just use my real first name (Kattoo) and my birthday is March 1st
2. Height, weight, clothing size, and shoe size? I'm 5'3" or 162cm, and 90lbs, I'm an american 0-2 or a Japanese M. my shoe size is American 8.5 and Japanese 245 or LL.
3. Why did you start to dress lolita? I've always looked young for my age, and I didn't want to try to look "sexy" like the other girls in my middle school, so when I found lolita I thought it was perfect for me! *disclaimer* that was a long time ago, I'm not still in middle school! 4. Which style of lolita do you like? Sweet-classic is my favorite, but I also have a soft spot for loli-punk 5. Express in your own words, the ideal of your above answer. A pretty flower print dress with a large hair bow covered in high quality white lace, worn with otk socks and delicate shoes. 6. Do you have piercings? Where? nope, not even earings
7. Which brands do you like?
Baby the Stars Shine Bright is my favorite, but I also like ETC and innocent world
8. Which are your favourite clothes (that you have)?
My replica AP jewlery box set, and my nameless pink dress, which always makes me feel like a princess
9. How many lolita friends do you have?
2 in real life, aren't I popular XD
10. What do you love most about lolita?
How elegant and girlish it is, and how it doesn't try to be sexy.
11. What do you hate about it? Any pet peeves?
It's a lot of maitainance, and I hate wearing petticoats in small shops!
12. What lolita magazines do you read?
As many as I can get my hands on!
13. Headdresses, bonnets or ribbons/hairbows?
14. Do you wear bloomers?
15. Do you tie headdresses at the front or in the back?
Back, I feel silly with the bow in the front!
16. Who is your favourite band/type of music?
The dead milkmen, MGMT, Electric Six, David Bowie
17. What is your phone ring tone~?
Verizon default (like a boss!)
18. Do you go to concerts in lolita?
Yeah, a Kanon Wakeshima concert tho (what else do you wear to see Kanon Wakeshima XD)
19. For people who attend concerts: do you headbang there?
Yes! Ironicly of course
20. What colours do you like?
Pastels! Pink, sax blue, mint and lavender are LOVE! But also, navy electric blue and dark red.
21. What are your hobbies?
Drawing, sewing, reading, bumming around, and debate
22. If you have any favourite perfumes, please tell us.
I don't, sorry. I just buy perfumes with pretty bottles.
23. Is there anything you are careful of in lolita?
Probably, but nothing I can think of
24. Do you have any favourite haunts to go to in lolita?
25. How many times a week do you dress lolita?
During the school year, I dress up every day, but I get lazy over summer vacation.
BREAK TIME- PICTURE!
26. Please tell us an embarrassing story from when you were a lolita beginner.
I used to really like legwarmers- nuff said
27. What is your current hairstyle and colour?
Long brown hair with puffy bangs.
28. What is your lolita history?
I was an ita for a while and then I learned that *gasp* LOLITA HAS RULES! So then I wore really boring co-ords for a while, then I got over it.
29. Do you store your clothes in a special place?
My closet is super special!
30. Did you ever think about quitting lolita? What was the reason?
Not really, but sometimes when I see pictures of other really cute fashions I think "Forget loli, I want a closet full of that! 31. What is your motto?
They see me rollin' they hatin'
32. What are your dreams of the future?
I... don't know... but I know it involves a bus, a trampoline and rhinestones, lots or rhinestones
33. "This person is so perfect for lolita!" - Do you ever think that about certain celebrities?
34. Are there any products/items of which you have with a fond memory?
Almost all of my dresses, I hold them and think of all the memories I had wearing them!
35. What was your first item?
A hand made petticoat
36. Do you have a signature pose for photos?
Two thumbs up and an anoying smile (picture spam time!)
37. What is your heart's bible? [book/magazine/CD/etc...]
I don't have one.
38. What is the best height (cm) for heels?
2, because I walk everywhere
39. Do you wear tiaras?
Nope, but I would if I owned one!
40. Do you think you want to try prince style? What kind of prince? Gothic/dark prince? Or "prince on a white horse" style?
YES! I want to be a prince that looks exactly like a girl but is wearing pants so he can pull off crazy stunts.
41. What types of lace do you like?
Cluny lace, or really soft tule lace
42. Do you own a doll?
I own a few porcelin dolls.
43. What is in your lolita bag?
Cellphone, wallet, keys, candy, band aids, spare change, water gun, papers, pink toy lemur thing, DS games, lipgloss, pencils
44. What is your favourite flower?
The pretty one
45. Right now, what is your favourite accessory?
My white headbow, just look at my last outfit posts for proof :D
46. Please recommend some cosmetics.
I don't really wear makeup, sorry.
47. With eye-tape your eyes look like a doll's! What eyelashes will you wear?
I don't use either.
48. What is your eye makeup for these eyelashes?
I'm going to skip the part about makeup and post pictures of things
49. Red Lipstick? Blue? Black? Pink?
DAMMIT BLOGGER THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO PUT A PICTURE! HERE!
50. Which nail polish do you normally choose?
51. Have you ever changed in a train station bathroom?
52. What do you think of "twin" and "triplet" lolitas?
I think they're super cute! I would love to twin with someone!
53. How do you keep in shape for lolita? Recommend something.
I eat whatever I want, and don't exercise, but I don't reccomend it.
54. Do you keep calm when you wear lolita alone in public?
55. How much do you spend per month on clothes/accessories?
56. Was there a time lag between knowing about lolita and dressing in the fashion?
Yes, quite a few years.
57. What is your most expensive lolita item?
My replica jewlery box set
58. It takes a lot of money to be a lolita. How do you save?
I get money, and then don't spend it
59. Just a little secret here... How much have you spent so far on lolita, roughly?
60. Is there a brand shop you want near where you live?
only in my dreams
61. "Man, what a rip-off!!" Have you ever thought that about a store?
Yes, Moitie and sometimes AP.
62. Do you shop online? If so, put the good & bad points here to advise others.
Yes it's the only option for most western lolis.
63. Is there a secret person/shop that you have commissioned a dress just for you from?
I ordered a custom size from kidsyoyo (taobao) once.
64. "I can never have that/see that happening!! But I will always want it!!" Is there a brand you think this of?
AP's chess chocolate series
65. What do you do with the clothes you don't want anymore?
Sell it, if I can, otherwise, I give it to good will.
66. What is your most recent purchase? (Even non-lolita.)
I bought some chinese food, and a ticket to Harry potter on friday...
67. Is there an item you love that you can't buy/seem to find?
Baby's alice through the looking glass print in white
68. What do you think of people who only wear lolita to concerts?
What a waste of nice clothes!
69. What do you think of lolitas without makeup?
I am a lolita wihtout make up!
70. Another lolita is wearing the same coordinate/clothes as you!! What do you do?
TAKE PICTURES! (them post them on facebook :P)
71. What age should you stop wearing lolita?
72. When do you think you should graduate from lolita? And why?
I probably won't graduate until I have kids.
73. "You should stop doing that!!! >_<" What must a lolita not do?
Pick their nose in public, use random Japanese words, be mean to other people
74. "A lolita should be 'this'!" What do you think that should be?
75. Besides #73, is there anything you should definitely not do while wearing lolita? have sex in burando ( I see that loli secret so much)
76. What do you think of men in lolita?
Sometimes they're prettier than me T.T
77. Did you change yourself to be a lolita?
78. What does your family and other people think of you dressing lolita? And do you accept it?
My mom's cool with it, my dad despises it
79. How do you wear lolita in the boiling mid-summer?
I wear a regular (or slightly summery) coordinate, with short sleeves. It kills me sometimes, but I don't bitch about the heat.
80. Have you gone to school or work in lolita?
School- yes, everyday, Work- no, I'm not allowed but it's impractical anyway
81. How do you dress normally?
I wear lolita.
82. Do you think twice about buying second-hand clothes?
83. Do you have a boyfriend? (or husband?) Does he understand lolita?
I have a boyfriend, he's cool with it, but I'm not sure he likes me dressing lolita.... If he didn't like it I wouldn't stop wearing it tho ^^.
84. Please tell us about your ideal man.
My ideal guy/girl would be someone that I can talk to, and someone I don't feel like I have to impress
85. What lolita has left a big, shiny impression on you so far?
All my loli-buddys online and IRL :)
86. Have you made your own clothes? What are they like? Yes, I have made lots of clothes before <3
87. Have you made your own accessories? What did you make? Yup, mostly bows
88. Think about the best item you have made! What is it? My flower prink JSK, I love it and I wear it all the time. 89. Please tell us about the most perfect lolita coordination you wear. Why tell when I could show! (please excuse petti fail)
90. Do you admire someone? What are they like? I admire lots of people, like Ben Goldwasser, he's a cool dude. 91. "One day I will go on a date with that person." What would you like to wear for him? Whatever I feel like wearing that day, maybe my pink dress, because that's always cute and princessy 92. If you want one, what type of store would you open in the future? A dress store of course! 93. Something catches your eye. What is this motif? Chess 94. Would you dress your child in lolita? No, not unless they asked. 95. How much do you spend on one outfit? I dunno prolly around $100-$150 96. "This is lolita!!" Please say what you would say this about. Beautiful lace, complicated headdresses, and cupcake shaped petticoats 97. "I have always wanted to try that once!" What, in the lolita world, have you wanted to try wearing? Sailor-loli, and ero-loli (but I probably couldn't pull it off ^^') 98. Look at yourself in lolita. In one word/phrase, how would you express your style/image? Delicate young princess. 99. What is your lolita ideal? whatever I like at the time 100. Thank you for taking this baton!! Tell us what you think! it was pretty long
My inspiration this week comes from one of my favorite lolitas ever, Zeruda. In my oppinion, light colored flowers like the ones in her hair are just perfect for summer! Also I really love how the flower print bollero looks with the flower print JSK.
I'm so inspired by both of the girls in this picture. I like the left one because her outfit reminds me of a pretty post-impressionist painting. I like the right outfit because it's pastel yet classic, which is the look I usually go for. Also, Midori is my favorite lolita model so everything she wears is just more awesome because she's the one wearing it, and the things she wears tend to also look good on me. We must have the same body type or something.