Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ouran Drama Review: Episode 4


I've been looking forward to this episode, because it's the one where Renge is introduced! I hope she's a recurring character like in the anime, as a opposed to the one-time character she is in the manga. The first scene with Renge in it shows her playing video games in her house, wearing an adorable loli-esque outfit.  That headbow looks like innocent world to me, but I couldn't find it on IW's website.  I really like Renge's outfit in the first scene! I hope we get to see more of her outside of her school uniform.
Then Renge finds the host club and starts fawning over Kyoya, and being critical of everyone else. And then Tamaki gets KO'd by Renge's harsh words. This happens every episode, but at this point it's still entertaining. By the end of the drama I'll probably be extremely tired of this.  I'm really liking the club's Japanese theme this week BTW.

The main difference between this episode of the drama and it's partner in the anime/manga, is that in this version Kyoya is actually (fake) nice to Renge, which makes her seem less stupid for being led on by him. Then  she and Haruhi have a really cute cooking scene, in which you find out that Kyoya has made copies of all the keys in the school.  I really wish I had a friend with copies of all the schools keys!
Then Nekozawa makes his regularly scheduled pointless entrance, and Renge  decides to change the host's  characters to have more "shadows." Then the club makes a movie, with a crew of white guys! I really wish I had gotten a screenshot of the white crew, but I'm too lazy to go back and get one.  I'm not going to spoil the ending, but needless to say, Renge discovers  Kyoya's true colors. Then she loses her picture of her favorite Toki-Meki  Memorial character, and the club goes to find it together to prove that they're all friends, yay!

Overall I'd give this episode a 3/4, I really liked Renge and the little movie they made, but the ending was cheesy and stupid, also this episode gets bonus points because they didn't CG hunny!







No comments:

Post a Comment