Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A deco update/fail story

So I had these old bodyline shoes laying around that I wanted to deco. So I went to my local craft store and bought all this stuff. And by all this stuff, I mean fake roses, pink paint and flatback pearls.
First I cut the ribbons off my bodyline shoes, I actually really like how the cross detail looks without the ribbons, I think it would look especially cute in brown!
Then I started painting the shoes, and to my woe, the paint was a lot brighter than it looked in the store. I wanted baby pink or powder pink not offensively bright neon pink! Even though, now that I look at the pictures it seems so obvious that the paint was neon pink....
It's so bright! It won't match any of my clothes, not to mention the roses and pearls I was going to put on it! I think I'm going to go back to the store this weekend and exchange the extra bottle of hot pink for a bottle of powder pink paint. I wish the craft store were closer though. I hate that it's a 45 minute walk from the train station. Whatever, worst case senario, they won't exchange my bottle or the paint won't come off, I'll just paint the other shoe, deco it and try to sell it on etsy. I'm sure there's some loli out there looking for hot pink shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment