Friday, June 15, 2012

Outfit post: white gloves and party manners

So the other day I was going through my bookshelf and I found a book about etiquette written for little girls in the 1950s. The part about how to dress well sounds strangely like dressing like dressing a lolita. It gives advice on matching jumperskirts with blouses, the right length for skirts (2 inches above the knee), and buying petticoats. So just for fun I decided to make a co-ord where I followed the "rules' exactly. Keep in mind that this is what the author wanted 6-7 year old girls to wear to parties and the like. She would've been extremely disappointed to find out that I wore this to school, and I'm sure she would've thought I was 10 years too old to dress like this at all.

Outfit Rundown!
JSK: handmade
blouse: Bodyline
Cardigan: target
Ribbon: Icing
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Bodyline
Bag and gloves: thrifted





2 comments:

  1. that is one really cool book :D And I just fell head over heels for your bow! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so wonderful and lady like ^^

    ReplyDelete