Friday, January 25, 2013

Taobao and Closet Child buys

So on Tuesday I recieved my taobao order in the mail, and yesterday I got a lovely package from closet child, it's feeling like all kinds of christmas in here.
Here's what I got from taobao

First there's this cardigan. It's really soft and warm and it's pretty much the only thing I ever want to wear ever. I will probably buy from this shop again.
 Even the tag and packaging were cute!

 Then there's this skirt. It was dirt cheap, and pretty cute, so I bought it. I'm not too happy with it. The quality of the upper layer is ok, but not great and the lining is not nice at all and it can't hold a petticoat. My least favorite part though is that the elastic waistband doesn't stretch much at all! I got what I paid for I guess. It still looks like a good thing to wear to parties and such.

 And then there's this gem of a JSK from Surface Spell. It is made out of a lovely soft wool with a metalic print. It is really thick and warm so it's perfect for winter too! These pictures really don't do it justice, but I'll take nicer ones when I wear it for the first time.

 Also, the corset lacing is really thick, I don't know how I feel about that. And it came with a free brooch, that's pretty awesome.
And now for my closet child things. Unfortunately blogger decided to make some of these sideways.
Here is the JSK I bought, it is one of my dream dresses, but I always wanted it in the white colorway, not the blue. The blue is not the usual delicate sax you see in lolita dresses, it's almost a cyan. It's a very summery colour, and it reminds me a lot of Jane Crocker. I might actually try bleaching it to get the white colorway I really want.
 Some details from the dress.

 I actually fell in love with his dress after seeing it in my favorite manga.
 Here's the skirt I bought, it's also one of my dream prints, and in the colorway I wanted too! It's made of this really beautiful light fabric that has a sort of dot texture. The light weight of this skirt would make it perfect for summer, but I'm still going to have fun wearing it in January!
In case you wanted to see the difference between the two types of blue.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous purchases!!! I can't decide which one I love the most!! ♥

    ReplyDelete