Thursday, September 17, 2015

Autumn wardrobe update

I'm always super excited for the fall months, not just because I stop sweating so much and all the bugs go back to hell where they belong, but also because I like fall fashion much more than summer fashion. I'd rather wear sweaters and tights over shorts and bikinis any day!

First is the piece, de resistance of my fall/winter wardrobe, a new coat! I actually bought this in June because I found it at a thrift store in Philly right before I went back to DC for the summer and I was afraid it would be gone by the time I got back. In 2012 I bought a vintage winter coat and loved it, then for the past two years I bought new winter coats and I've been extremely dissapointed. So I'm going back to vintage! The 70s are in again, and a lot of my new clothes are 70s vintage, including this coat. It's actually a lot cheaper than buying trendy 70s inspired items.  This coat was only $30 and it's real leather (but fake fur).

Next, dresses! The left one is from Free People, it's actually from their summer collection, and I bought it in August, but I think the color scheme makes it really easy to transition into fall. The dress on the right is from Nasty Gal's latest sale. The black and white "Wednesday Addams" look is become sort of standard for me.

Here's a close up of the first dress. I'm currently falling in love with that muted lavender in the leaves

Next up is long sleeved tops. The sweater on the left is actually the same muted lavender as the leaves on my floral dress but the lighting in my room is really crappy. The top on the right is a sheer black button down. I bought it because it looks like something Cher Horowitz would wear  Both are from TJ Maxx.

Up next, crop tops! I've never been a huge fan of crop tops, and tbh I'm still not huge on showing my stomach, but I got a bunch anyway. The black blob towards the bottom is from Nasty Gal (and it's a shame you can't see it bc it's really pretty) and the other 3 were all my mom's in the 70s. I have no idea how/where to wear the one in the upper right with the collar, but it's so ridiculous I had to have it!

And some skirts. Both of these were hand me downs from my mom. If you can't tell, I'm trying to get more colors in my wardrobe than just black/white/pink which is why I picked out this burgundy skirt.

And accessories! The little bee is a pendant that I don't have a chain. Also I bought the hairband because I'm going to start trying to wear more roses to match my new tattoo. The jewelry is from free people and the hairband is from Forever 21.

Last but not least, Shoes! I bought some new rainboots because my old ones were falling apart, and these cool black shoes which you can't really see in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment