Tuesday, April 19, 2016

New York Shopping Trip

So last week I had to go to New York to buy swimsuit fabric for my swimwear class. I was actually a little anxious about the trip because I had to go to a city I didn't know all by myself, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! I ended up spending $$$$$$ on fabric and trims, which I didn't take pictures of. But here are some cute little purchases from my trip

First up is fairytale stickers! These were from a toy store in Grand Central Station which sold a lot of sanrio/kawaii/japanese type of toys. 
Next up is some small purchases from a store called Muji, it's another japanese store but it has a more minimalist aesthetic, not a kawaii one. It was so calming to be in, I thought for a second "I could lead a minimalist lifestyle" but that's absolutely not true. I mean I'm writing this from a desk absolutely covered with shit; old magazines, coupons, art supplies, a box of teabags, a mostly empty fifth of fireball, a deck of cards and other random shit. But I did buy a few things to organize my life! Those are post it's with lines on them to make lists. I have never felt more organized in my life
So this last one isn't technically shopping, but I did get to check out the FIT exhibits while I was in the city, the fairy tale fashion exhibit was obviously awesome, but I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed the Denim exhibit for a person who only owns one pair of jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment